This coming Sunday, October 27, is the 2019 celebration of retired ministers and widows in the Church of God. Every congregation is asked to show special appreciation to these warriors of the faith with a special love offering.
Also known as Reformation Sunday, Retired Ministers and Widows Appreciation Sunday gives special recognition to our aged ministers and widows across the Church of God. According to the SpiritCare Office of the Church of God, 75% of the amount raised will be given as a special Christmas offering to all retired ministers who are 70 years of age and above and to ministers’ widows who receive a pension from the Aged Ministers’ Fund. The remaining 25% will be placed in a designated fund specifically for their emergency needs.
In 1992 the Church of God General Assembly declared one Sunday a year to focus on honoring those who have gone before us, blazing the trails of ministry through evangelism, pastoring and church planting. These saints of God are worthy of recognition and support and Reformation Sunday is the venue in which to do it.
Church of God General Overseer Dr. Tim Hill is asking pastors across the nation to give high priority to the offering this year, especially in light of an economic climate which affects aged and retired ministers.
A special video presentation from the General Overseer has been developed for Reformation Sunday and is available for download on the Church of God media center at the following link: download here . Pastors may use it to promote this special day of commemoration for these warriors of the faith.
For more information about Reformation Sunday, please contact SpiritCare Coordinator Tim Maness at [email protected] or call 423-478-7140.