General Overseer of the Church of God, Tim Hill, has set forth his vision for the FINISH Commitment, a “Global Church Focus on the Great Commission.” Prayer Ministries has adopted these commitments and goals based on the ‘I’ in FINISH which stands for INTERCEDE, making prayer and worship, “the highest privilege and greatest responsibility of every believer,” according to Prayer Ministries Coordinator Douglas Small.
Referencing the scripture from Matthew 21:22, “Whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive,” (KJV), Small outlined the following goals Church of God Prayer Ministries is committed to:
• Commit globally to 6,000,000 hours of prayer annually for the FINISH Commitment;
• Recruit globally 1,000,000 prayer partners, providing prayer 24/7.
• Implement an intentional FINISH Prayer/Fasting Initiative annually in each local church, state, region, and area of the world.
As part of the plan to fulfill these goals, the Prayer Ministries Office has organized the following prayer initiatives:
1. Prayer at General Headquarters – Once a quarter, pastors and members, especially prayer leaders and intercessors, are invited to the International Offices of the Church of God in Cleveland, Tennessee to pray. The next event is May 2, 2017. Learn more at: http://praycog.org/prayer-at-general-headquarters/
2. Intercessors on the Wall – 100 Church of God congregations take their turn on the ‘prayer wall’ each week, according to Small. A mailing campaign was generated from the Prayer Ministries Office with resources. Learn more and find out when churches are assigned to the wall at: praycog.org/agree-17-prayer-campaign.
3. Saturday Night Fire – Prayer Ministries’ goal for this call is hundreds, if not thousands of Church of God people, connecting every Saturday night at 9 P.M. EST, in prayer for revival and awakening. Each state/region is assigned a Saturday night in 2017. Find the assigned Saturday of your state/region and learn more at: http://praycog.org/saturday-night-fire/
4. FINISH Commitment – Prayer Ministries challenges each congregation to pray five minutes once a month for a Global Harvest. Learn more and download a bulletin insert and power point>
“The bottom line is we want to mobilize prayer,” Small concluded. “The more we sow prayer; the more we will reap power in our own lives. Only God can send revival and awakening. But He most often sends it to hungry and obedient hearts, evidenced by desperate prayer.”