Church of God General Overseer Tim Hill has announced this week a new initiative poised to equip and empower the next generation of leaders in the Church of God.
“I was recently inspired by the passage found in Jeremiah, Chapter 1, verse 4, where God told Jeremiah, ‘Before you were born I knew who you were and I knew who you were going to be’ (see v. 5),” Hill stated. “God confirmed to Jeremiah that he was to be a prophet to the nations!”
In keeping with Hill’s overarching theme for the denomination, the FINISH Commitment, the Jeremiah Project encases four of the six initiatives of the acronym FINISH, including FIND ( finding and pursuing the Jeremiah generation), NETWORK (networking with the next generation through discussion groups, personal engagement, and strategic conferences), and INVEST (investing in the lives of now and next generation leaders to model, mentor, and train).
“I feel prophetic alignment for end time assignment is happening,” Hill stated in referring to the Jeremiah Project. “Ultimately, the purpose of this project is to identify and SEND this amazing and resourceful army out to win the Harvest. We have many young men and women among the Jeremiah generation in the Church of God today who must be engaged and empowered to make a difference. I want everyone to join me by intentionally and prayerfully speaking into their lives.”
Hill outlined a list of ten areas of focus the Jeremiah Project will be developing in the coming months:
1. Jeremiah Gatherings—intentional interaction with potential ministry students at youth camps, Winterfests, etc.;
2. Internet Discussion Groups;
3. LeaderLab Participation Scholarships;
4. Conferences Partnerships with established conferences, such as RISE, EXPONENTIAL, etc.;
5. A dedicate session or track at the LEAD Conference at the 2018 General Assembly;
6. REAP PK (Preacher’s Kid) Gatherings (REAP—Reaching, Engaging, Affirming, EmPowering);
7. “This Is Our Time” Visits
8. Educational Scholarship Opportunities
9. Media Connectivity
10. Regional Young Leaders LIFT Conferences—Linking, Investing, Focusing, Training
Hill has announced the Jeremiah Project to the state and regional overseers and will be sharing it with delegates attending the 35th annual Winterfest this weekend in Knoxville, Tennessee.